Securities Litigation – SEC Enforcement – Fraud / Misrepresentation
Patten & Associates: Attorneys at Law have extensive experience handling all facets of contested securities matters.
Contact the Patten & Associates: Attorneys at Law in Orlando, Florida today to discuss your security litigation needs.
In particular, our Securities Litigation Practice includes:
- Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement proceedings—representation of issuers, officers and directors, and professionals in civil proceedings initiated by the SEC.
- Defense of actions for securities fraud and misrepresentation—class actions and individual suits against issuers, directors, officers, underwriters, brokers, accountants, attorneys, investment companies and investment advisors under federal and state securities laws.
- Derivative actions alleging breach of fiduciary duty and related torts—suits by derivative plaintiffs in federal and state courts asserting violations of the duty of loyalty and care by directors and officers.
- Contests for corporate control—litigation involving proxy contests, tender offers and mergers and attendant class and derivative litigation.
- Insider trading allegations—civil and criminal insider trading actions against issuers and insiders under Section 16 and other federal provisions.
- Broker-Dealer litigation—representation of registered broker-dealers and investment advisors in state and federal actions, arbitrations, and proceedings before self-regulatory organizations.
- Bankruptcy/securities litigation—representation of issuers, officers and directors, and professionals in connection with parallel bankruptcy and securities actions where the issuer has become insolvent.
- Insurance coverage litigation—representation of issuers, officers and directors, and professionals in connection with parallel insurance and securities actions where insurance carriers dispute the nature or scope of coverage.
- Arbitration and mediation.