Business and Commercial Litigation Attorney in Orlando and Central Florida
The legal team at Patten Lewis: Attorneys at Law have the depth of experience to represent clients’ interests in today’s technological and global marketplace.
In-house corporate counsel, entrepreneurs, and business owners choose our Orlando law firm because we are committed to understanding the intricacies of each business we serve and in formulating innovative strategies for achieving their individual litigation objectives.
The firm’s expertise is widely recognized. Firm principal Lisa R. Patten is Board Certified by The Florida Bar Association as specialists in business litigation and in civil trial practice. This designation is the highest given by the Bar and denotes significant skill, experience, and professionalism.
- Partnership and shareholder derivative actions
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements
- Contract litigation
- Real estate brokerage
- Breach of contract
- Insurance coverage disputes
We rely on the knowledge acquired during our years of business litigation practice to effectively resolve each dispute and to offer advice and strategy to avoid and prevent disputes in the future.
Commercial Litigation in Orlando
Orlando commercial litigation is a form of civil litigation that involves businesses or companies rather than individuals. Often times, the issues in commercial litigation are specialized and complex which can stretch on for a long duration. We proudly serve Orlando and all of Central Florida.
The laws guiding commercial litigation disputes vary, depending on location and country. What is obtainable in Orlando Florida might differ from what is obtainable in other areas.
Commercial disputes are unavoidable in any business environment. If left unattended or if not properly attended to, it can quickly escalate and blow up in your faces. It is wiser and more cost-effective to quell the dispute early before it gets out of hand. This is where your expert commercial litigation lawyer comes in.
Due to its nature, parties involved in commercial litigation require the services of vibrant and experienced Orlando Commercial Litigation Attorney. Employing the services of a committed and skillful commercial litigation attorney in Orlando is not just to ensure you win your case. A respectable commercial litigation attorney will be flexible enough to know when to file a suit to progress to court or to seek for alternative dispute resolution outside of court.
Duties of an Orlando Litigation Attorney to its Clients
- It takes an experienced and upright commercial litigation attorney to make judicious decisions that will benefit your company more. Such an attorney knows when going to court would be bad for business and when it will rather serve the company better to proceed to trial.
- Irrespective of the size of your business and its location in Orlando, you require the services of the best Orlando commercial litigation Lawyer. Commercial disputes are bound to arise so far as you are dealing with diverse publics. You will do well to have an experienced commercial litigation firm at hand. They will bring in their winning courtroom skills, efficient settlement techniques backed by high legal acumen. They can take you through the trial process, from the pre-litigation process through to the trial, appeal, down to post-judgment enforcement.
- When your business is facing the challenges of litigation, your commercial attorney will synchronize and supervise the process of gathering and preserving genuine evidence along with other necessary documents, both electronically and otherwise. That litigator will also oversee the entire litigation process and manage the team.
- In addition, a well versed commercial litigation attorney in Orlando will provide you with reasonable business advice that will positively impact your business.
Types of Orlando Commercial Litigation
There are several types of commercial litigation that an Orlando commercial litigation attorney can help you with. Here are few of them.
- Employment litigation is inevitable once your business has people in its employ. A disgruntled staff can sue you for a number of reasons.
- Breach of contract can lead to a lawsuit with your company as defender or plaintiff.
- Debtor/creditor litigation will become necessary if you supply goods to Mr. A and he refuses to pay, try as you may. Your next option will be to sue or be sued even.
- Privacy, cybersecurity, and data breach are becoming the trend with the internet explosion and its idiosyncrasies.
There are numerous types of commercial litigation, but whatever the issue your business encounters in the line of business in Orlando, your best bet is to hire an experienced Orlando commercial litigation lawyer.